Red Hat Open Source Day 2017: quick reportage
The Red Hat Open Source Days in Rome has been more crowded than ever, meaning that open source technologies are a key enabler of ditital transformation.
The Red Hat "narration",typically focused on infrastructures and middleware, has been heavily contaminated by drivers and topics such as IoT, AI, process driven applications, need of accelerating development processes and challenges of modern enterprise.
Here are some highlights.
1) Digital Transformation is a must
2) In Digital Transformation technology alone is nothing without process upgrades and cultural change
3) IT departments are increasingly struggling to keep pace with growing rate of business change
4) The approach to application development should be reconsidered: this is what Modern Applications are for
5) Pioneers will be leaders, meaning that beeing the first to release a new product, service or app will be a strong source of competitive advantage
6) Hybrid Clouds and Hybrid IT are the Next Frontier
7) Simplification is the new consumerization
8) Developing a cloud strategy, building new apps quicky and optimizing/modernizing existing IT are the main IT challenges
Read in the italian version of this post the full reportage.